Wednesday, November 7, 2012

The market does not seem to like President Obama

Wow, the market really dropped today. That means it is time to buy. First I went to my mutual fund basket Ts. I picked six positive performers that got nicked today. One of the rules of that basket is to buy on dips. Everything is a market buy meaning I am using up about half of my allowable market buys for the year, but I want to lock in the dip. We have more money on the sidelines than we are supposed to so this will help line up with the rules for the basket. All buys are supposed to be between $500 and $1000, this is a "NO BIG BETS" basket.

  • Mastercard (MA), 2 shares
  • Amazon (AMZN), 3 shares
  • Goldman Sachs (GS), 5
  • Intuitive Surgical (ISRG), 1
  • Price Smart (PSMT), 10
  • Portfolio Recovery (PRAA), 5

    Why did I burn so many of my allowable market buys? Well, by the end of the week I may be calling this a dumb move, but these are some of the strongest, best performing assets in the mutual fund. Even if the market continues to drift down, my thesis is these will recover faster than most of the other assets. Anytime you have a portfolio, you expect to have winners and losers. By adding to the postions of the winners and a dip, the hope is they will help the overall portfolio.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment